Happy Birthday, Keri Hulme, born 9 March 1947.
- You want to know about anybody? See what books they read, and how they’ve been read…
- The smarter you are, the more you know, the less reason you have to trust or love or confide.
- A family can be the bane of one’s existence. A family can also be most of the meaning of one’s existence. I don’t know whether my family is bane or meaning, but they have surely gone away and left a large hole in my heart.
- The childhood years are the best years of your life… Whoever coined that was an unmitigated fuckwit, a bullshit artist supreme. Life gets better the older you grow, until you grow too old of course.
- Writing isn’t my life…it’s a lovely part of my life… but it’s not my life. My life is family, friends, fishing, food…things like reading and painting and all the rest of it, and you can’t really prioritise when you’re involved with family or you’re involved in fishing, you can’t say, ‘Oh, I really should be writing.”
Source for Image
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar