Happy Birthday, Sarah J. Maas, born 5 March 1986.
- Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.
- It’s a really, really long and hard road to publication, but it’s not impossible. If you have the focus, the dedication, and the unyielding passion, that’s already half the battle.
- I can survive well enough on my own— if given the proper reading material.
- Read a lot, and write a lot. Write what you LOVE, even if people tell you it’s not worth your time. And never, ever give up.
- I’ve been writing since I was a teenager, when my one goal in life was to get published. I’d write before/after/instead of homework, at school, on weekends, on vacations—basically, any spare time I had, I devoted to writing. Because of that, I’ve had about fifteen years of writing books amid many other commitments—which really developed my work ethic and writing muscles.
Source for image: Author’s Website Credit: Beowulf Sheehan
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar