Happy Birthday, Gregg Olsen, born 5 March 1959.
- If only these walls could talk…the world would know just how hard it is to tell the truth in a story in which everyone’s a liar.
- Some of this story is completely true. And some of it isn’t. Like truth, evil comes in all sorts of flavors. Some bitter. Some deceptively sweet. Sometimes it comes with a heavy price. While most people don’t invite evil into their lives, the dirty little secret is that an invitation isn’t necessary. Locked doors don’t matter. Neither do fancy security systems. Evil is kind of amazing when you think about it. She knows how to get inside.
- Storytelling brings us together through shared experiences and the understanding that we’ve all come from the same place. We’ve all experienced the ups and downs of the world around us…when we tell stories we connect with the truth that we’re all the same. (via)
- Never give up. If you are a writer it is who you are. You can reach an audience (large, small) but only if you write. So write every day. (via)
- My process is always the same. I write in weekend sprints. I map out a schedule of weekends that I’ll need to get the book done. I’ll track my word count and push myself to the max to get it done. (via)
Gregg Olsen is a bestselling author of nonfiction and fiction books, most of which are crime-related. He has written ten nonfiction books, nineteen novels, a novella, and contributed a short story to a collection edited by Lee Child. Titles include The Deep Dark, Starvation Heights, Envy, and The Boy She Left Behind. Follow him on Twitter: @Gregg_Olsen
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar