Juan Ramón Jiménez was born 24 December 1881, and died 29 May 1958.
Juan Ramón Jiménez Quotes
- If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
- Literature is a state of culture, poetry is a state of grace, before and after culture.
- A permanent state of transition is man’s most noble condition… Without movement life is annihilated, within and without, for lack of dynamic cohesion.
- Every country should realise that its turn at world domination, domination because its rights coincided more or less with the character or progress of the epoch, must terminate with the change brought about by this progress.
- The greatest assassin of life is haste, the desire to reach things before the right time which means overreaching them.
Juan Ramón Jiménez was a Spanish poet who received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1956.
Source for Image
See page for author, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar