Margaret Fuller was born 23 May 1810, and died 19 July 1850.
- Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.
- Essays, entitled critical, are epistles addressed to the public, through which the mind of the recluse relieves itself of its impressions.
- If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.
- There are noble books but one wants the breath of life sometimes.
- Very early, I knew that the only object in life was to grow.
Sarah Margaret Fuller Ossoli was an American journalist, critic, and women’s rights advocate. Her book Woman in the Nineteenth Century is considered the first major feminist work in the United States.
Source for Image
Josiah Johnson Hawes, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar