Wouldn’t it be cool if you had all your favourite short story writing advice in one place so you could just Write the Crap Out of It?
In 2017, I wrote a series of blog posts about the art of short story writing. My intention was to create a body of work that was arranged by topic for improving and troubleshooting your short stories. I wanted it to be easy to use and access, but my challenge is, as with anything on the internet, well, the internet.
I get sucked into websites and down wormholes of useless data. (According to my last internet challenge I would most likely be Ursula the Sea Witch if I were a Disney villain.)
The internet steals writing time, but how do we avoid it when the articles we are looking for are internet-based? To combat the never-ending series of related links, I created an ebook out of all the short story craft posts I wrote.
Buy The Book
The ebook is called Write the Crap Out of It. It does not just contain the blog posts, I also include practical exercises for you to do at the end of each section to implement the advice and to get you writing.
Post Your Exercises Online
And, wait for it, you can post those exercise on www.deadlinesforwriters.com and receive feedback on your exercises.
Write the Crap Out of It and other short story writing advice is available on Amazon. Buy the book and join the coolest writing community.
You’re still not sure? I can help.
10 Reasons To Buy Write the Crap Out of It:
- It contains loads of awesome writing advice.
- There are many exercises for you to complete.
- You will be able to post your exercises on the Deadlines For Writers website. You post one exercise and comment on four (optional, but fun).
- It has an epic front cover.
- It’s called Write the Crap Out of It and that is what you’ll do.
- You’ll laugh at certain parts.
- It was proofread by a professional.
- You will support the 12 Short Stories Online Writing Challenge, which is a free community. By supporting the community, you help writers find their voices and improve their craft. Can you imagine what that does for your writing karma?
- You will download it, switch off the wi-fi, and actually get some writing done.
- You are my mother and you have no choice.
Reasons not to buy this book:
- You need to know which Disney Villain you are.
The book is available on Amazon. Buy it now.
How do I post my exercises from the book?
- Once you have bought the book on Amazon, please create a profile on www.deadlinesforwriters.com and send a copy of your Amazon Invoice to Mia at email@example.com.
- Once Mia has received the invoice, your account will be approved.
- Post one exercise from the book and comment on four. (You can post all 27 of your exercises on the site.)
- Please post only one exercise per prompt.
- There is no deadline. Work at your own pace.
If you have any queries, please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope you enjoyed this post. It is one in a series of posts celebrating short stories, our online writing community and the launch of this awesome book. Read all the posts here:
- Write The Crap Out Of It And Other Short Story Writing Advice
- How To Write A Book Blurb For Your Short Story Collection
- Why You Should Do Short Story Writing Exercises
- 5 Reasons To Join A Short Story Writing Community
- 12 More Reasons To Write Short Stories
by Mia Botha
Buy Mia’s book on short stores: Write the crap out of it and other short story writing advice
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- 31 Writing Prompts For July 2020
- How Important Is Setting In Your Novel?
- How Setting Influences The Elements Of Your Story
- 5 Things That Happen After You’ve Typed THE END
- 30 Writing Prompts For June 2020
- Do You Need A Writing Coach?
- A Creative Life Online: Creativity And Grief And Depression