Jorge Luis Borges was born 24 August 1899, and died 14 June 1986.
Top 10 Jorge Luis Borges Quotes
- Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I’d rather boast about the ones I’ve read.
- I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
- I cannot sleep unless I am surrounded by books.
- Personally, I am a hedonistic reader; I have never read a book merely because it was ancient. I read books for the aesthetic emotions they offer me, and I ignore the commentaries and criticism.
- We accept reality so readily – perhaps because we sense that nothing is real.
- When writers die they become books, which is, after all, not too bad an incarnation.
- I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
- A writer – and, I believe, generally all persons – must think that whatever happens to him or her is a resource. All things have been given to us for a purpose, and an artist must feel this more intensely. All that happens to us, including our humiliations, our misfortunes, our embarrassments, all is given to us as raw material, as clay, so that we may shape our art.
- We have shared out, like thieves, the amazing treasures of days and nights.
- The dictionary is based on the hypothesis — obviously an unproven one — that languages are made up of equivalent synonyms.
Source for image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar