Happy Birthday, Hannu Rajaniemi, born 9 March 1978.
- The criminal is a creative artist; detectives are just critics.
- There is no greater love than a maker’s for the things she makes. Especially when they grow to be something she never imagined.
- I do make a lot of notes and I find it necessary to spend quite a long time thinking before actually writing anything. One of my literary heroes, the Finnish writer Mika Waltari, once said that one should keep thinking until one cannot hold the story in any longer, until it forces itself out: that is certainly true for me.
- If reality is not what you want it to be, change it.
- A strange thing happens when you are very rich, even when one’s wealth is as artificial as in our society. You develop a solipsism of sorts. The world yields itself to your will. Everything becomes your reflection, and after a while looking into your own eyes is dull.
- Deep learning still comes from approximately ten thousand hours of work on any given subject.
- Mainstream fiction is not about real people, it’s not about the real world. It’s about a world which is very much like our world, but which is essentially the author’s perception of all the elements in our reality.
Source for Image
by Amanda Patterson.
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar