Bob Marley was born 6 February 1945, and died 11 May 1981.
- None but ourselves can free our minds.
- The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively
- The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.
- The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.
- Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.
Bob Marley was a Jamaican singer-songwriter and musician. Marley’s music is considered to have given voice to political and cultural issues in Jamaica. His songs include I Shot the Sheriff, No Woman, No Cry, Could You Be Loved, Redemption Song, One Love, Buffalo Soldier.
Source for image: Eddie Mallin, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bob-Marley_3_(cropped).jpg
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar