Happy Birthday, Calvin Trillin, born 5 December 1935.
- I actually think of being funny as an odd turn of mind, like a mild disability, some weird way of looking at the world that you can’t get rid of.
- Every good idea sooner or later degenerates into hard work.
- I am firmly committed to the proposition that whoever is in power is exceedingly silly…. And that goes for the opposition as well.
- The shelf life of the average trade book is somewhere between milk and yoghurt.
- In modern America, anyone who attempts to write satirically about the events of the day finds it difficult to concoct a situation so bizarre that it may not actually come to pass while the article is still on the presses.
- If it’s inappropriate to write about, if there’s nothing funny about it, then it’s not funny.
- I’ve always thought that parallel parking was my main talent.
Source for Image
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar