Jacques Roumain was born 4 June 1907, and died 18 August 1944.
- Experience is the cane of the blind.
- I don’t want to listen; your words sound like the truth but the truth is probably a sin.
- You cannot eat a cluster of grapes at once, but it is very easy if you eat them one by one.
- Peasants are a rude lot, and hard: life has hardened their hearts, but they are thick and awkward only in appearance; you have to know them. No one is more sensitive to what gives man the right to call himself a man: good-heartedness, bravery and virile brotherhood.
- Misfortune is never invited. And it comes and sits at the table without permission and it eats, leaving nothing but bones.
Source for image. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar