Happy Birthday, Åsa Larsson, born 28 June 1966.
- Because you’re a crime writer you’re asked to have a point of view on a lot of things, and I’m uncomfortable having public opinions on things that are not my professional area.
- It is so much hard work writing your first novel. You’re not even sure that it is possible to do.
- I don’t think there is anything wrong with learning from people who are better than you.
- I was a big reader as a child. My father is a great book lover and a librarian, but he forbid me to read bad literature. I was not allowed to read Nancy Drew or books like that. I often say to him that me becoming a crime author is both a way of pleasing him and annoying him.
- Be brave, that is the best advice I was given myself. What it really means is up to everyone to answer for themselves.
Åsa Larsson is a Swedish crime-writer. Her first novel, The Savage Altar, was short-listed for the Duncan Lawrie International Dagger. Her second novel, The Blood Spilt, won the Best Swedish Crime Novel Award
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar