Happy Birthday, Susan Cooper, born 23 May 1935.
- Poets find truth by writing about what they love.
- I can still feel what it was like to be that child of the 1940s from inside; I am still the same mixture of insecurity and determination, shyness and arrogance, curiosity and fear. I have the same talent she had; the same imagination. I write for her, for that child, and so it is true when I say I write for myself.
- When we are children, we have a tranquil acceptance of mystery which is driven out of us later on, by curiosity and education and experience. But it is possible to find one’s way back… Children are not different animals. They are us, not yet wearing our heavy jacket of time.
- The truth is that every book we read, like every person we meet, has the capacity to change our lives. And though we can be sure our children will meet people, we must, must create, these days, their chance to meet books.
- Engage, Enlighten, Encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset.
Source for photograph
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar