Happy Birthday, Joseph O’Neill, born 23 February 1964.
- If what you want to do is write, then it’s madness not to do it.
- The greater the novel, the more it is apt to embody the special, non-replicable properties of the written medium.
- We are in the realm not of logic but of wistfulness, and I must maintain that wistfulness is a respectable, serious condition. How, otherwise, to account for much of one’s life?
- Novel-writing is a bit like deception. You lie as little as you possibly can.
- I certainly want to continue to write in a way that’s intimate. I love books where you feel you’re having a romance with the writer.
- Publication is almost certainly a punishment for having written a book.
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar