Happy Birthday, Willy Russell, born 23 August 1947.
- If I have a day when I haven’t done something new and creative, I feel really uneasy.
- I am not interested in talking about road directions, cars or sport for more than five minutes. It’s why I cannot abide being in all-male company. I want to talk about things that matter.
- I don’t have anything like the ambition I once had. Having enjoyed so much success, I now feel able to explore and experiment with all sorts of other creative things
- When I stumbled into writing drama, I knew I understood it: where it was strong, where it wasn’t.
- I still think back to the stunning kind of warmth, peace and sensuality of being on the rug with a book and a bag of sweets. It was as if someone had put a big protective barrier round me and the real world couldn’t get in.
Source for Image