Happy Birthday, Wendy Mass, born 22 April 1967.
Wendy Mass Quotes
- The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn’t matter how others see you.
- Read. Read everything you can, but especially read the type of material you like to write.
- Take creative writing classes and share your work with your peers whenever possible–in school, summers, online, etc. It’s great practice. It really helped me to keep notebooks with ideas that I would add to whenever I thought of one, or learned something interesting, or overheard something. That way when I wanted to write a story, I didn’t have to face an empty page.
- Ideas aren’t as hard to come by as you might think. I once heard the great Paula Danziger say that ideas come from only three places–Experience, Observation, and Imagination. And we all do those things every day.
- A writer is someone who writes. Just by writing, you’re already there.
- I’m going to tell you a secret. Our lives are shaped by the future, not by the past. Once you decide how you want your life to be, all you need to do is live into that future.
- The sidelines may be safer but life is played on the field.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar