Happy Birthday, Ryū Murakami, born 19 February 1952.
- Everybody wants to talk about themselves, and everybody wants to hear everybody else’s story, so we take turns playing reporter and celebrity.
- Malevolence is born of negative feelings like loneliness and sadness and anger. It comes from an emptiness inside you that feels as if it’s been carved out with a knife, an emptiness you’re left with when something very important has been taken away from you.
- What makes somebody nice or unpleasant to be around is the way they communicate. When people are fucked up, their communication is fucked up.
- People who love horror films are people with boring lives… when a really scary movie is over, you’re reassured to see that you’re still alive and the world still exists as it did before. That’s the real reason we have horror films – they act as shock absorbers.
- Parents, teachers, government – they all teach you how to live the dreary, deadening life of a slave, but nobody teaches you how to live normally.
Source for photograph
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar