Happy Birthday, Rick Moody, born 18 October 1961.
- As long as younger writers are interested in language and the history of the form first (not the delivery systems, whatever they may be) then it’s all going to be fine.
- I believe in literature and I believe in the people who believe in it. It’s okay if the larger culture goes off and does whatever it wants to do, dopes itself, expends all its energy on frivolities. There will always be readers and writers.
- I’m trying to read more dead people because I keep having to read stuff for juries and so forth.
- The process of composition, messing around with paragraphs and trying to make really good prose, is hard-wired into my personality.
- Writing is mostly an isolating experience… I think the time in isolation is reflective time, and reflection is good for fiction writing. It may be good for creativity in general.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar