Gerhart Hauptmann was born 15 November 1862, and died 6 June 1946.
- Poetry evokes out of words the resonance of the primordial world.
- Experience is the basis of poetry.
- Art is a language, therefore, a social function.
- Power encompasses patience. Impatience speaks about weakness.
- Music comes from the heart and should reach the heart again.
- Life is an unbroken chain of discoveries.
Gerhart Hauptmann was a German dramatist and novelist. He was one of the most important promoters of literary naturalism. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1912. His Three Plays: The Weavers, Hannele, The Beaver Coat are representative of an important period in twentieth- century drama.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar