Paul Éluard was born 14 December 1895, and died 26 November 1952.
- A woman is more beautiful than the world in which I live; and so I close my eyes.
- There is another world, but it is in this one.
- The role of the artist is to guide…to teach us to see.. and to show us the way from the letter to the spirit.
- The language of my love does not belong to human language, my human body does not touch the flesh of my love.
- The poet is rather one who inspires than one inspired.
Paul Éluard was a French poet and one of the founders of the surrealist movement along with Louis Aragon and André Breton. He is considered one of the important lyrical poets of the 20th century. He is the author of Capital of Pain.
Source for Image
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar