Lillian Smith was born 12 December 1897 and died 28 September 1966.
- None but the weak crave to be better than. Strong men are satisfied with their own strength.
- When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die.
- Education is a private matter between the person and the world of knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college.
- We need not feel ashamed of flirting with the zodiac. The zodiac is well worth flirting with.
- Faith and doubt both are needed – not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve.
- No journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.
Source for Image
C. M. Stieglitz, World Telegram staff photographer, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar