Happy Birthday, D.J. MacHale, born 11 March 1955.
- Whenever you look back and say ‘if’ you know you’re in trouble. There is no such thing as ‘if’. The only thing that matters is what really happened.
- Storytelling is storytelling. Good stories need compelling characters and interesting conflicts. That’s the bottom line no matter what medium you’re writing for.
- To write a good mystery you have to know where it will end before you can decide where it will begin… and I’ve always known where it will end.
- In my few short years I learned that seeing what’s positive about a situation is a lot more fun and gets you a lot further than looking for what might be wrong with it.
- I believe that stories find writers, writers don’t find stories. With the ‘Pendragon’ series, I actually had multiple story ideas and decided that instead of writing them individually, I would create a character whose journey would thread them all together.
- To write, you need to find what you love.
- It is much more fun to write about villains then heroes. The villains are the ones that think out the scheme, and the heroes just kind of come along for the ride.
- There are no simple answers in life. There is a good and bad in everyone and everything. No decision is made without consequence.
- My life is an ongoing, ever changing adventure.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar