Faith Baldwin was born 1 October 1893, and died 18 March 1978.
- Time is a dressmaker specialising in alterations.
- No year of life is emotionally, spiritually or even materially, all drought or all rainfall; nor is it all sun. The road turns a little every day, and one day there’s a sudden twist we didn’t dream was there, and for every loss there is somewhere a gain, for every grief a happiness, for every deprivation a giving.
- Sometimes there is a greater lack of communication in facile talking than in silence.
- You cannot contribute anything to the ideal condition of mind and heart known as Brotherhood, however much you preach, posture, or agree, unless you live it.
- We, too, the children of the earth, have our moon phases all through any year; the darkness, the delivery from darkness, the waxing and waning.
- Character builds slowly, but it can be torn down within incredible swiftness.
- Only children and a few spiritually evolved people are born to feel gratitude as naturally as they breathe, without even thinking. Most of us come to it step by painful step, to discover that gratitude is a form of acceptance.
Source for Image
Bain News Service, publisher, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar